Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Glass Magnets- Picasso Edition

I have made some glass bubble magnets before. I like them because they are a pretty easy project, you can do them for anyone's taste and the materials are easy to find and generally on the cheap side.

Today I was going through some books I had originally planned on getting rid of and found one of my favorite paintings, Les Demoiselles d'Avignon by Picasso, and thought "This would make me some awesome new magnets".

They turned out even better than I had originally thought, and made a nice sized set of 5 (the 5th face in the original painting was just a tad too close to two of the others making her a casualty of the set) including a fruit still life at the bottom of the painting. You could do this with any artwork or illustration you like, and modify the size, etc. with a copy machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment