Saturday, February 12, 2011

Origami Print Purse

What is black and white and red all over? This bag! We've had this fabric at work for quite some time now (Yes, I work at IKEA) and I have been trying to think of something to make with it. I was messing around with patterns and thought a nice big purse to carry all my junk around in would be perfect. I got out some tissue paper and made a pattern (I like tissue paper because it is cheaper than getting special pattern paper, easy to pin to fabric and you can get all the fancy colors and color code your projects so you find the pattern you are looking for faster).


Here is the finished bag, not too shabby. I am a fan of huge circular bags, I actually made this one by tracing a garbage can lid to get a huge circle, then free handed the handles in to the pattern. You can make any shape or size you like though. Also, my bag and handles are all one piece, but I usually make bags with separate handles that are added on to the main body of the bag itself. I am always experimenting, and this one turned out pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment